The Saratov region is a region with impressive industrial, human and natural resources
We are actively building infrastructure convenient for business and the population, roads, kindergartens and schools, medical centers, opening new industrial enterprises. We are collecting a record harvest, solving problems import substitution, entering foreign markets and applying innovative technologies in all industries.
THE EDGE OF FERTILE LAND AND THE CULTURAL CENTER OF THE VOLGA REGION
The Saratov region is the Volga nature, stretching from steppe tulips in the south to centuries-old pines in the north, original cities that have preserved the spirit of bygone eras, the richest collections of art and antiquities for the hinterland, places associated with outstanding personalities and historical events. The region is located on the banks of one of the widest and longest waterways not only in the country, but in the world.
Here, on the banks of the Volga, Saratov has stood for more than 400 years - once a large merchant center of the country, and today - the second largest city in Russia after Moscow, the land of fertile land and the “gold” of the region - wheat and sunflowers, museum and theater center of the province. In the regional center, the longest pedestrian zone in Europe has been created - 8 km long.
The youthful years of the first cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin are connected with the Saratov region; here he landed after his first flight into space, from here a new stage in the development of space science and the era of space exploration began.
- 2,404.9 thousand people Population of the Saratov region
- 1,189.1 thousand people Economically active population
- 1,148.8 thousand people Employed in the economy
- 28,9% Share of the workforce with higher professional education
Number of unemployed people registered with the employment service, people
Registered unemployment rate, %
The region's education system is dynamically developing, provided with qualified personnel. The educational complex has high potential.
The region is known as one of the largest scientific centers in Russia. The region is represented by a complex of large research and design institutes, research and production enterprises and associations.
Enterprises engaged in research and development
Educational institutions of higher education
Professional educational organizations
Industry research institutes and organizations
Scientific institutions of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Providing electricity, gas and steam; air conditioning
Water supply, sanitation, organization of waste collection and disposal, pollution elimination activities
Share of production nationwide
- 15,8% Sulfuric acid
- 11,3% Divanov
- 10,6% Bearings
- 12,5% Mineral fertilizers
- 3,9% Electricity
- 3,3% Synthetic detergents
Priority areas of development
- Development of the Savelyevsky, Ozinsky, Kotsebinsky deposits and production of oil shale
- Utilization of associated petroleum gas
- Modernization of production and introduction of new technologies for production of construction and finishing materials
PROMISING DIRECTIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT OF THE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX
Industrial production index
Within production chains
- JSC NPP Almaz
- JSC “NPC “Almaz-Phazotron”
- JSC NPP Kontakt
- JSC Saratov Electrotechnical Plant
- EPO Signal LLC
- NPF Mossar LLC
- Rubezh LLC
- PJSC "SEZ named after. Sergo Ordzhonikidze"
- Gazprommash Plant LLC
- LLC "Oil and Gas Equipment Plant"
- JSC Gazapparat, LLC Voith Hydro
LEADING COMPANIES IN THE REGION
- PJSC Saratov Oil Refinery
- ОSaratovorgsintez LLC
- Balakovo branch of JSC Apatit
Mechanical engineering cluster
- JSC "Metalwork Plant"
- JSC "Transmash"
- Furniture Factory Maria LLC
- LLC "King of Sofas"
- JSC "Balakovo Metallurgical Plant"»
- АJSC "Balakovo-Tsentrolit"
- 6 620 МВт Total power of power plants
- 105 МВт Total capacity of solar power plants
- 13,05 млрд кВт/ч Regional consumption
- 72 МВт Planned increase in solar power plant capacity
- 42,5 млрд кВт/ч Electricity generation volume
- Saratov HPP It is a major energy facility in the region with an annual production of more than 5.67 billion kWh
- Energy cluster It is one of the largest in Russia, consists of the Saratov hydroelectric power station, CHPP-4, Balakovo nuclear power plant, Balakovo branch of Apatit JSC
- Balakovo NPP Provides a fifth of electricity production in the Volga Federal District and a sixth of the output of all nuclear power plants in the country
- 1st place By production of vegetable oil among the regions of the Volga Federal District (more than 486.9 thousand tons)
- 1st place For the export of agricultural products among the regions of the Volga Federal District ($526.8 million)
- 1st place By gross harvest of grains and leguminous crops among the regions of the Volga Federal District (7114.9 thousand tons)
- 1st place Sunflower harvest among regions of the Russian Federation (2.3 million tons)
- 1st place According to the gross harvest of vegetables from open (280.4 thousand tons) and closed (39.8 thousand tons) soil among the regions of the Volga Federal District
Soil structure of the Saratov region, thousand hectares
Cluster of greenhouse vegetables
- 5 large greenhouse farms
- 123,9 га total area of greenhouses
- 39,8 тыс. тонн gross harvest of greenhouse vegetables
- Large and medium-sized enterprises of the IT industry in the region >90
- Growth rate compared to previous year 104%
- Total number of people employed in the IT sector >5 200
FINANCIAL AND CREDIT INSTITUTIONS OF THE REGION
Information on the number of structural divisions of credit institutions regionally, as well as state registers of microfinance organizations, pawnshops, credit consumer cooperatives and agricultural credit consumer cooperatives are posted on the Bank of Russia website on the Internet and updated on a daily basis.
Current data on credit institutions can be found at the following link: